1.You have your first full weeks of school since before Feburary started.
2.You find yourself accused of fixing the school musical's casting, even though auditions aren't for two more weeks.
3. You have to spend every waking moment planning out the senior class play.
4. You spend any free moments you have left at rehearsals for said play.
5. You spend any spare time you have after that in meetings planning for the musical and with parents.
6. You create a twenty-fifth hour of the day by sheer willpower in which to do your grading.
7. You ignore the fact that you haven't been held by a man in a long time.
8. You tell yourself that even if you had said fantasy man, you wouldn't have time for him to hold you anyway.
9. You try to think if there is any time for you to have a birthday party this year.
10. You get home and are so exhausted that the last thing you want to do is write.
Ok, so that wasn't all that clever but it was a slice of why I've been MIA these last few...days? Weeks? I can't even remember the last time I blogged. But I figured that when my mother told me that she'd noticed I'd been gone a while that it was time to go back. Life has been full, stressful, and busy as hell to be honest (just as I thought it would be when I took the job) but hey, at least it makes the time pass quickly. I honestly can't believe that there are less than 3 full months left in the school year. I mean before you know it, it will be April...and then May, and then that first Friday in June will get here. Its been a fun and stressful year for sure, and has had its share of ups and downs. But I don't regret a bit of it, I like my job and I love doing the dramatics. Our play is going to be great (if we can just get these last few line problems ironed out) and hopefully everyone who comes to see it will enjoy it. Mom will be here on Saturday to see it, and I hope she's impressed. I have a lot of impressing to do if I plan to keep this job. If I get to keep it, I'm thinking of making even more challenges for myself next year by doing "Noises Off"...one of the most technical plays in existence. Am I a glutton for punishment? Maybe.
I've not given up my movie watching habits though, that's one of the niceties that gets me through the hard times. Here's a run down of titles I've watched recently that are worth a mention.
My Blue Heaven
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
I'd put trailers on here for all of them, but I'm too damn lazy. I'll go back to blogging about individual films soon. Oh, and for anyone who's interested...Burton's Alice in Wonderland was very mediocre...just like a lot of the reviewers would suggest. On one hand, I'm saddened by that because it means that it could have been so much better...but on the other hand I'm kinda glad because maybe everyone will stop kissing the ground Burton and Depp walk on just because they are who they are. I remember when the movie was announced and everyone was like...."That's such a perfect idea." and I thought..."That's such a lame idea." Oh well, I hope I like his next one.