New Release Day

Today is a rather big new release day for DVDs as far as summer releases go, because today marks the release of Transformers: Rise of the Fallen.  Not a bad film in my opinion, just loud, big and over the top.  I was in the mood for something like that when I watched it and I'm sure others were too.  Paramount hopes to sell a lot of copies of it I'm sure.  I shall not be buying anything today, as I don't get paid for another week.  Frankly, I'm much more excited about the new edition of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles that is getting released.  I've always enjoyed that film and even get a bit misty eyed at the end.  It was tragic when John Hughes left us this year and I hope that his films will continue to get the recognition that they deserve.

There are several other films and TV shows being released today as well, such as Black Adder and a new edition of the complete Fawlty Towers but those make less of an impact on my mind despite their value to existence as we know it.  I think I'll be more excited next Tuesday when something that I pre-ordered is being released.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 22: The Story of an Uncommonly Gentle Man

Duality: Who We Think We Are and Who Other People Think We Are

Loud and Loved