Day 25: Good Grief

For our last film of our last of the 25 days of Christmas movies, I wanted to take a look back at one of the classics of the holiday season, as well as a classic in its particular film franchise.  This film premiered on television in 1965 and became a holiday staple on CBS for the next 35 years.  It starred one of America's favorite comic strip characters and tried to help us all discover 'what Christmas is all about' while also featuring one of the saddest looking Christmas trees ever put on animation.  This was what A Charlie Brown Christmas was all about...well, it was about more than that I guess.  Good grief, I can't be witty all the time.  As for the short, it was a wonderfully cute little yarn featuring the kids from "Peanuts" and with a bit of a holiday message to share.  Over the course of the film, Charlie Brown discovers that Christmas isn't about presents, getting cards, winning decorating contests, or even directing Christmas pageants.  Its about doing good deeds, spending time with friends and family, and helping out people who need it.  So as you wind down your Christmas Day and prepare for the last 7 days of 2009, try to find this one on the TV...I guarantee you won't regret it.



As for the actual Christmas Day, I'd say I had a pretty good one.  I spent it with family and we enjoyed our time together...talking, watching television, and of course giving gifts.  I received my PS3 which was both a blessing and a curse.  I was happy to get it, but it is apparently broken right out of the box.  It worked beautifully last night, but today it refused to admit a disc to be placed inside of it and we actually had to manually remove a disc that wouldn't eject.  So now we must have the machine serviced...which means it will probably take a week to get a replacement.  But you know...if it had worked I would have played with it all day, rather than interacting with my family...so you could say that its a good thing that technical difficulties forced me to enjoy the real aspects of Christmas...the family.  Oh, and don't make fun of me for being sappy...praise me for finding my silver lining and not acting like a brat about a broken Christmas present.  I hope everyone else out there had a very Merry Christmas (or happy Hanukkah, or Kwanza, or Festivus, etc) and stay tuned for 7 days of New Year's films (and I warn you, I might not get in a full 7 days)...where we will look at such gems as Ghostbusters II, When Harry Met Sally, and Terror Train.  Are you as pumped as I am?  I sure hope so!

Comments

Whoohoo! I am pumped!! Sorry I have been away for a little but I am getting caught back up now!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Day 22: The Story of an Uncommonly Gentle Man

Duality: Who We Think We Are and Who Other People Think We Are

Two Gay Men Can't Be Friends...