Summer Means Action Movies

So there's something about the Summer that really makes me want to watch high octane, macho, action/suspense films full of explosions and one-liners.  This past week I watched a grand total of 4 (5 if you count technicalities), and it just gets into your blood.  I love the rush of adrenaline, the pyrotechnics, and the enjoyable characters who we've seen in every other action film, but yet we forgive for being familiar because of our love of carnage.  Why am I saying all this?  Well, because I'll probably be discussing several films from this genre over the Summer...so if you hate action, you might want to tune me out till the Fall.  Don't go too far though, Summer also means Horror and Comedy to me...anything that entertains me and goes with popcorn.  Being a teacher, I have a lot of time off in the summer months...so I'll be blogging more and watching more films...especially since I'll have an awesome home theater set up in a few weeks.  I can't wait to tell you about it.  I'll be back in the evening with a look at one of the films I watched last week.  Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 22: The Story of an Uncommonly Gentle Man

Duality: Who We Think We Are and Who Other People Think We Are

Loud and Loved