Quick Update

I just spent an entire weekend watching the Star Wars movies again...having just got them on Blu-ray this weekend.  I also made my first batch of hollendaise sauce ever to put over fried pork chops last night for dinner, which was an adventure.  We're in Week 5 (Week 4 by the calendar) and I'm still getting the hang of taking care of block classes every day, but I'm coping.  I just wish I didn't see complete disdain on every one of my students' faces.  It wears on you when you're blamed for the limitations of your subject (something I have little to no control over).  Oh the plus side, I've never had a class that ran too short and I am impressing my colleagues, which is good because I'm hoping to get good recommendations for if and when I even decide to move on from my school.

Something of film-related interest...the latest trailer for The Muppets went online last week and boy is it a hoot.  It is a full-blown spoof of the trailer for David Fincher's version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and I gotta say, at this point it really doesn't matter if the movie is good or not.  With advertising like this, I have to see the movie (of course, I'm sure it will be great...I mean, its the friggin' Muppets).

Have a look below and try not to laugh:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 22: The Story of an Uncommonly Gentle Man

Duality: Who We Think We Are and Who Other People Think We Are

Loud and Loved