The Holiday Season is Gearing Up

I've never looked forward to a Wednesday as much as I have been looking forward to tomorrow.  Usually Hump Day is dull and lifeless, but this week it is the day that our school district has decided to celebrate Veteran's Day, so we're off for the day.  I have a doctor's appointment at 11 (you have to wonder why I'd do such a thing to myself on a holiday) but that's really it.  So tonight my friend (Bond, because he enjoys Bond movies) is going to come over and we're going to watch movies and drink.  Sitting at home and drinking isn't the most becoming of behaviors for a teacher, but I need to cut loose a bit.  How often does Tuesday get to feel like Friday?  I guess technically it will again in two weeks when we get out of school for Thanksgiving Break.  We don't get a full week for Thanksgiving, but its close enough.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I would just like to give my personal props to the holiday.  Who doesn't love a holiday that (despite what we know about its history) is completely devoted to eating?  Yes, Thanksgiving is supposed to be about what we're thankful for and for gathering together as a family unit and all that...but everyone really only shows up for the food.  I'm actually sad that this year we won't be at Miss J's home to eat, because she is an amazing cook.  Last year we had a veritable feast that included (but was not limited to) ham, turkey, stuffing, gravy, rolls, casserole, green beans, pie, and wine.  I would like to throw out that I made a special cheeseball for the occasion that was gone rather quickly (we like cheese a lot in our family) and provided the jellied cranberry sauce.  We always expect my sister to out do herself every year, but this year we will be doing a smaller affair at my grandmothers...probobly prepaired by my Uncle Mike who likes to microwave cook.

Sigh...more to come later when I'm inebriated.  Drunk writing is the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 22: The Story of an Uncommonly Gentle Man

Two Gay Men Can't Be Friends...

Duality: Who We Think We Are and Who Other People Think We Are