Longest Day Ever (and we're only 2 hours into it)

Ok, so I promised drunk writing Tuesday night and I didn't deliver.  I'm very sorry to all who were hoping for it, but I just lost track of time what with the drinking, movie watching, and conversing.  For those of you who are curious, we watched The Holiday, The Incredibles, and Fantasia 2000.  Its an eclectic mix, I know, but it was all in the name of getting Bond to watch more things.  He's a huge movie addict like me, but hasn't seen as many as I have.  So I take it upon myself to share my knowledge and good taste (something my friend Grumpy doesn't believe that I have because I don't enjoy the same things he does).  We did have a marvelous time, though, and stayed up really late.  I wasn't tired Wednesday morning though, I felt great.  It's always rejuvenating to have a day off in the middle of the week...I think the regular work calendar should include more of them.

As for the day part of yesterday, well that was a little more dull.  I mostly sat around the house waiting to go to the doctor's office (no, I'm not sick...just finding myself a doctor for when I am) and he told me some rather unsurprising things.  One, I need to lose weight.  I've known that for a while, but seeing as I now weigh well over the BMI for healthy people my height and my blood pressure is high, I think I should probably obey.  I don't want to have a heart attack.  He also got me signed up for some laboratory tests to check out what may be going on with my gallbladder, which is also fun.  I hope I don't need surgery and that a better diet and weight loss will alleviate the problem.  Also, he moved me back to prescription strength drugs for my GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) because the Prilosec ain't good enough in his opinion.  Did I mention he was cute?  After that, I went to hang out with Bond again and we just sort of slummed around town and watched funny internet videos on his computer.

Oh, I should probably explain why today is the Longest Day Ever...well friends it is Parent Teacher Conference night again and that means that I get to stay an extra 4 hours after school this evening to talk to parents who may or may not show up to discuss their child's academics.  Last time, I had one parent show up at the beginning and spend the rest of the time grading, doing lessons, and otherwise goofing off.  I wonder how many I'll have this time?  I'm kinda hoping for only a few, as I do have a stack of tests to grade and I'd like to get my lessons written up so I don't have to worry about them this weekend.  Oh, and I have a book to read this time.  It's called The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and it is a great story.  There's a film version coming out this December which will be directed by Peter Jackson, and the trailer for it inspired me to want to read the novel first (which is something I rarely do, as I want to see if the movie can stand on its own before I read the source material) because it just looked so good.  I'm not too deeply into it yet, but it moves well.  Here's the trailer for it below:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 22: The Story of an Uncommonly Gentle Man

Two Gay Men Can't Be Friends...

Duality: Who We Think We Are and Who Other People Think We Are